"Dark Snake Syndrome" works well with Des Wombat, as "Des Wombat" will prevent any effect damage you take. This results in your opponent taking all the damage from "Dark Snake Syndrome".
* You can also use Life Stream Dragon in order to stop it from damaging you.
* Use Solomon's Lawbook only as a means to keep yourself from getting damage. However, skipping your Standby Phase will prevent the effect of "Dark Snake Syndrome" from activating at all, thus your opponent will not take damage either.
This card will win you the duel after 6 turns, assuming you can protect your life points.
* An alternative method is to activate Rainbow Life at the Standby Phase of the 6th turn after activation to win the game.
** If you are not able to protect your life points you should insure your opponent has less life points than you before you activate Dark Snake Syndrome, and you have a Mystical Space Typhoon or Twister ready to destroy Dark Snake Syndrome, avoiding a draw.
This can be used in a stall Deck. If this card and Prime Material Dragon are on the field its possible to get quite a few life points per turn.
* But the only draw back is that the opponent will gain this amount as well, unless you combat that with cards like Bad Reaction to Simochi or "Nurse Reficule the Fallen One".
* If Prime Material Dragon is not on the field, it can be easy to end the Duel in a Draw.
This card works well with Black-Winged Dragon. Burning your opponent while you take no damage and "Black-Winged Dragon" gains counters for its effect.
In a D/D deck, use cards like Contract Laundering to regain life points, or "D/D/D Rebellious Overlord Leonidas" to avoid effect damage completely.