Spell Economics can be used to circumvent this card's cost.
This card can be used in the following Decks:
* "Bujin" Decks, targeting a "Bujin" Beast-Warrior monster. This can result in a field with Bujin Yamato, Bujin Mikazuchi, and Bujin Arasuda, whose End Phase effects can form a combo with each other (unless "Bujin Hiruko" or Bujin Hirume was targeted).
** The following cards can also be options: Harvest Angel of Wisdom (to recover a key Counter Trap Card), Honest (to be returned to the hand for future use), Meltiel, Sage of the Sky (to possibly regain the LP paid for this card's activation), and The Agent of Wisdom - Mercury (to benefit from Setting all the Counter Trap Cards from one's hand).
* "Frog" Decks, to help fulfill the activation condition of Des Croaking.
* "Gadget" Decks, in order to trigger their monster effects, as well as boosting the ATK of Stronghold the Moving Fortress.
* "Gogogo" Decks, in order to Special Summon Gogogo Aristera & Dexia, whose effect can protect other "Gogogo" monsters.
* "Harpie" Decks to fulfill the activation condition of Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation.
* "Magical Musket" Decks, combined with Toon Table of Contents to trigger their effects.
* "Melodious" Decks, since most of the appropriate monsters' effects activate/apply if Special Summoned.
* "Majespecter" Decks, in order to trigger their monster effects.
* "Ojama" Decks, in order to fulfill the activation condition of Ojama Delta Hurricane!!.
* "Magnet Warrior" and "A-to-Z" Decks, in order to accelerate the Special Summons of Valkyrion the Magna Warrior and Berserkion the Electromagna Warrior, as well as XYZ-Dragon Cannon and ABC-Dragon Buster (respectively).
** While the monsters required for "Valkyrion" and "XYZ-Dragon Cannon" need to be protected until the next turn, protection for the required monsters of "Berserkion" and "ABC-Dragon Buster" can be more lenient, since they can banish their monsters from the Graveyard for their Special Summon.
* "Noble Knight" Decks, in order to have Noble Knights of the Round Table accumulate more effects.
** Even though it is not possible to Special Summon other monsters for the rest of the turn after this card is activated, the effect of a Merlin in the Graveyard can be used to Synchro or Xyz Summon during the opponent's turn.
* Rock Stun Decks, in order to Special Summon monsters such as Barrier Statue of the Drought, Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo (assuming it isn't the target), Koa'ki Meiru Boulder, Koa'ki Meiru Guardian, Koa'ki Meiru Overload, Koa'ki Meiru Sandman, and Koa'ki Meiru Wall. It can also target "Amano-Iwato", which will return to the hand and can be used to pay the maintenance cost of the "Koa'ki Meiru" Rock monsters.
* "tellarknight" Decks, in order to trigger their monster effects.
* "Magician (archetype)|Magician" Decks to Speed up the Summon of "Supreme King Z-ARC"
This card can be used to prepare for the Tribute/Special Summons of monsters that require 3 monsters, such as the Egyptian Gods, the Wicked Gods, Beast King Barbaros, etc.
Wonder Xyz can be used to Xyz Summon during the opponent's next turn, getting around this card's Special Summon restriction.
This card can be used in a Deck centered around Level 2 or lower Normal Monsters, as it can help fulfill the activation condition of The Law of the Normal.